Leadership Summit

by - February 22, 2018

I was able to meet with two other OT students (Lauren M and Lauren N) to discuss our upcoming group facilitation that we will be turning in next week. This was so helpful because we were able to not only able to bounce ideas off of one another but were also able to impact each others session by adding our own ideas or insights that maybe weren't seen when we were initially writing our group protocols. An example of this is that I was able to help one of the Lauren's with her game by suggesting that she let the group members make their own bingo boards bu suggestions that they had come up with as a group. I also was able to help the other Lauren with her title for her group, and her introduction activity.
This meeting was also a very beneficial time to talk through the frames of references that we chose for our sessions and to explain why we chose that particular FoR.  After talking wihth the other group leaders, I actually ended up changing my FoR after we met, and feel much better about this RoR that the initial one that I had chosen.Having this opportunity to walk through each of our groups was extremely helpful to troubleshoot and work through our ideas and sessions together. They brought a different perspective to the table for me to think about as I finalize this group protocol. Although I wish that I could see how their group plays out, I know that they will both do a great job facilitating their groups. This leadership summit has made me feel  a little more confident  going into this group session because I have been able to talk through my session before actually doing it.

You May Also Like

0 comments